Menu Home

Getting the Best Deal from On-line Travel Search Tools

Just type in the word 'travel' to your favorite search engine and you will be inundated with travel search tools asserting that they can get you the best deal. There are more and more on-line travel search engines springing up on the internet every day.  To know more about Baltimore wedding & events space, you can go through the web.

                                    

There is no doubt that using travel search tools for hotels, flights, and car hire, can save you money and time, but it is important to remember that when you use a travel search, you will only be searching amongst the hotels, flights, car hire and other travel related businesses that the search company has established contracts with.

If you are looking to get the best deal, you will need to search across a selection of travel search engines to ensure you are looking at the widest cross section of travel companies to buy from.

To try this out for real I selected ten hotel search engines from which to book hotels in Sydney, Toronto, Paris, Cape Town and New Orleans. The same check-in and check-out dates, and the room requirements were entered into the search engines.

A count of the hotels offered revealed that just over 60% of the hotels were common to all the search engines, mainly the big hotel chains. Of the remaining 40%, only half the hotels were found on more than one search engine.

Categories: Marketing and Advertising

Tagged as:

Richard K. Dierks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *